GALLERY: Whittlesey hosts colourful holiday show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 300 people momentarily escaped the cold British winter and dreamt of sunshine and sandy beaches at the Greater Peterborough Holiday Show on Saturday.
Twenty one different holiday operators, including the Whittlesey Travel team, were on hand to offer ideas about potential getaways at the Ivy Leaf Club in Whittlesey.
Those in attendance were treated to a steel band, refreshments and a free prize draw.
Sarah Langford, director of Whittlesey Travel and the event’s organiser, was thrilled with how the day unfolded.
She said: “It was an excellent day and with the bands and banners we were able to create a holiday atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been open for two years so events like these are a great way to raise awareness and get our name out there, particularly because there are still people who would rather speak to someone who knows what they are talking when planning a holiday than just book online.
“This is the second time we’ve held the event and it’s certainly something we shall continue.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
Whittlesey Travel are specialists in all holiday types whether short breaks, flights only, long haul trips or bespoke travel arrangements.