GALLERY: Whittlesey hosts colourful holiday show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 300 people momentarily escaped the cold British winter and dreamt of sunshine and sandy beaches at the Greater Peterborough Holiday Show on Saturday.
Twenty one different holiday operators, including the Whittlesey Travel team, were on hand to offer ideas about potential getaways at the Ivy Leaf Club in Whittlesey.
Those in attendance were treated to a steel band, refreshments and a free prize draw.
Sarah Langford, director of Whittlesey Travel and the event’s organiser, was thrilled with how the day unfolded.
She said: “It was an excellent day and with the bands and banners we were able to create a holiday atmosphere.
“We’ve been open for two years so events like these are a great way to raise awareness and get our name out there, particularly because there are still people who would rather speak to someone who knows what they are talking when planning a holiday than just book online.
“This is the second time we’ve held the event and it’s certainly something we shall continue.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
Whittlesey Travel are specialists in all holiday types whether short breaks, flights only, long haul trips or bespoke travel arrangements.