GALLERY: Whittlesey hosts colourful holiday show
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 300 people momentarily escaped the cold British winter and dreamt of sunshine and sandy beaches at the Greater Peterborough Holiday Show on Saturday.
Twenty one different holiday operators, including the Whittlesey Travel team, were on hand to offer ideas about potential getaways at the Ivy Leaf Club in Whittlesey.
Those in attendance were treated to a steel band, refreshments and a free prize draw.
Sarah Langford, director of Whittlesey Travel and the event’s organiser, was thrilled with how the day unfolded.
She said: “It was an excellent day and with the bands and banners we were able to create a holiday atmosphere.
“We’ve been open for two years so events like these are a great way to raise awareness and get our name out there, particularly because there are still people who would rather speak to someone who knows what they are talking when planning a holiday than just book online.
“This is the second time we’ve held the event and it’s certainly something we shall continue.”
- 1 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 7 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
Whittlesey Travel are specialists in all holiday types whether short breaks, flights only, long haul trips or bespoke travel arrangements.