GALLERY: Wimblington family angry cracks in their home have still not been repaired after nine months
- Credit: Archant
A MOTHER of four is angry that large cracks in her home have still not been fixed nine months after her family moved in.
Donna Bates, of Doddington Road, Wimblington, moved into the Roddons accommodation in September and has been trying to get the dangerous cracks dealt with since.
She said: “They offered us the house in September last year and we accepted.
“Before we moved in they did a structural survey and there were already cracks.
“They said they would deal with it but their attempts at repairing them have clearly failed and everything has re-cracked.
You may also want to watch:
“They say they are going to repair it but I keep waiting around for them and nothing happens. It’s been nine months.
“I’m here with four children, aged between 13 and one, and my husband but they keep fobbing us off. I just want it dealt with.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Roddons managing director Jenny Hodson said: “We have been working hard to identify the cause of the cracks over the past nine months, which has included monitoring drains and trees to rule out the house moving through subsidence.
“This type of monitoring takes a long time, as readings need to be taken over a period of weeks and months.
“Now subsidence has been ruled out, we will be carrying out the repairs in the next fortnight.
“We have kept our resident updated throughout this process and hope that she will be happy with the repairs.”