GALLERY: Wimblington Fun Day draws big turnout with something for everyone
- Credit: Archant
The sun shone as revellers turned out in force for Wimblington’s Fun Day on Sunday.
The event, which was opened by MP Steve Barclay, had something for everyone - there were fairground rides, bouncy castles, a coconut shy, crockery smashing on offer and lots of local charities who had free stalls raising funds.
The crowd was royally entertained by Manea Silver Band, Harmony Majorettes from Peterborough, the Thomas Eaton Singing Super Stars Choir, flying displays from the Raptor Foundation, March Taekwondo and Mr Stripey Wipey.
A fancy dress competition was held, which attracted everything from Thomas the Tank Engine to pirates.
Prizes for the best dressed were family day passes for Skylark Fun Yard and Maize.
You may also want to watch:
There were running races for both children and the mums and dads, with Skylark providing medals for the winners.
Much of the entertainment was funded by local businesses including Knowles Transport, Pavemac, Fengrain and Tesco.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town