GALLERY: Wimblington Keep Fit group brings touch of warmth to freezing start to spring at Easter lunch
- Credit: Archant
THE first days of spring were greeted with snow and bitter winds - but that didn’t stop a keep fit group from celebrating its arrival by showing off their colourful Easter bonnets.
As easterly winds saw temperatures struggle to exceed freezing on Monday, the ladies of Wimblington Keep Fit group held their Easter social lunch at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, in March.
The 23 ladies wore their highly decorated bonnets to celebrate Easter, with decorations including chicks, eggs and Daffodils finally bringing a slice of spring to March (the month!).
Margaret Moulton, whose bonnet featured a light-up butterfly, said: “I was given two butterflies but didn’t want to be greedy so I gave one to a friend.”
The Keep Fit group also holds a social meet-up at the hotel in the summer and at Christmas. Some ladies from the group meet at the hotel every Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Hotel owner Rob Skoulding said: “The hotel loves having them.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry