GALLERY: Winner revealed of Cambs Times best Christmas decorated home competition with host of impressive entries
- Credit: Archant
The best decorated Christmas house in March has been revealed.
Head judge Mayor of March Kit Owen selected a house in Elliott Road as the overall winner of the Cambs Times competition.
Commended went to a home on Robingoodfellows Lane and one on Maple Grove.
The judging panel, accompanied by residents from Upwell Park, toured the town on Monday night to take in a host of spectacular displays.
Councillor Owen said: “We were impressed with the decorations throughout the town and the efforts people had gone to.
You may also want to watch:
“The Elliott Road home did virtually everything they could have done with the space available to them.”
Deputy Mayor Councillor Rob Skoulding, who will donate a special trophy to the winner, said: “They were all very good. I particularly liked the Mini in the front garden.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“I didn’t envy the mayor having to choose a winner because they were all winners to me.”