GALLERY: Wisbech couple open their first bird shop
- Credit: Archant
A bird loving couple have taken the plunge and gone in to business together.
Sid and Sonya Coles, of Wisbech, have opened Abbey’s Nest, a cage and aviary birds shop in Europa Way.
The early signs for the shop, which opened on Saturday, are encouraging - they have attracted a steady stream of customers.
The business is a fine example of team work - Sonya runs the shop while Sid goes all over Cambridgeshire rescuing injured birds.
Mr Coles said: “We have looked after birds for more than 25 years and have been talking about setting up a shop for years so, when I was made redundant, it seemed like the right time.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a good first weekend and we are hopeful the shop will be a success.”
The shop is open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am-5pm and on Sundays from 10am-4pm. For more information call 07786 813779
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines