GALLERY: Wisbech Grammar School holds Spring Fling for town’s pensioners
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 100 pensioners were treated to afternoon tea at Wisbech Grammar School’s “Spring Fling”.
The school’s swing band provided the soundtrack to the festivities as the pupils served tea, coffee, sandwiches, cakes and scones.
Each table was allocated a host or hostess whose job it was look after their guests.
Jan Wildman, the school’s charity co-ordinator, said: “The students go to St Augustine’s church, Edina Court and other places around the town for their community service so we thought it would be nice to invite them here.
“The pupils baked the cakes yesterday and prepared the sandwiches this morning.”
Grace Crackle, 17, one of the helpers, said she enjoyed getting to know the guests,
She said: “I got to hear lots of stories and the guests shared with me what the music reminded them of.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
“I was talking to a group and they asked if they could get up and start dancing.”