GALLERY: Wisbech Grammar School holds Spring Fling for town’s pensioners
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 100 pensioners were treated to afternoon tea at Wisbech Grammar School’s “Spring Fling”.
The school’s swing band provided the soundtrack to the festivities as the pupils served tea, coffee, sandwiches, cakes and scones.
Each table was allocated a host or hostess whose job it was look after their guests.
Jan Wildman, the school’s charity co-ordinator, said: “The students go to St Augustine’s church, Edina Court and other places around the town for their community service so we thought it would be nice to invite them here.
“The pupils baked the cakes yesterday and prepared the sandwiches this morning.”
You may also want to watch:
Grace Crackle, 17, one of the helpers, said she enjoyed getting to know the guests,
She said: “I got to hear lots of stories and the guests shared with me what the music reminded them of.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
“I was talking to a group and they asked if they could get up and start dancing.”