GALLERY: Wisbech Grammar School raises £1,900 at spring extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
STYLISH wares and home baked goodies raised hundreds of pounds towards a target of sponsoring a guide dog for the blind.
The hall of Wisbech Grammar School was transformed into a brightly coloured Spring fayre boasting 38 stalls which raised £1900 for this year’s chosen school charity.
On offer was jewellery, home made cards, Pampered Chef goodies, bacon butties and bunting.
The fund raising effort brings the grand total raised so far this academic year to £4,400.
The target to sponsor a guide dog is £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Wildman, school charities co-ordinator, said: “It was a fabulous team effort.
“The committee and the pupil helpers were superb.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“It was a very positive atmosphere and all the people involved seemed to enjoy themselves immensely.”