GALLERY: Wisbech honours its veterans on Armed Forces Day
LOCAL veterans and serving members from all three services gathered in Wisbech Market Place on Sunday to celebrate Armed Forces Day.
The gathering, supported by the MOD, was a focal point of the Wisbech Armed Forces Day Celebrations in the Market Place during the day.
Local branches of ex service organisations and local cadet groups were on hand to offer recruitment opportunities to interested teenagers.
There were also vehicles on display, including the veteran fire engine “Vivian” as well as a current engine Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Services. Refreshments and drinks will be available throughout.
For visitors hoping to experience the ups, downs and tight turns that RAF Typhoon pilots experience on a daily basis there was a flight simulator.
You may also want to watch:
The cadet forces, led by Wisbech ATC band marched past the assembled veterans in salute to their many collective years of service to our country. The day ended with a sunset and flag lowering ceremony following the parade.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital