Gallery: Wisbech Town UKIP candidate makes formal complaint over illegal posters
A WISBECH Town Council candidate has made a formal complaint against his rivals after he found posters illegally attached to telegraph poles.
UKIP candidate Alan Lay collected more than 20 posters put up by Conservative candidates standing for the town council in yesterday’s election.
He said: “The posters were in the area of the Oasis Polling Station. The stapling to trees owned by CCC is dubious, and the fixing to BT Telegraph Poles is also illegal.
“All of which I think is unacceptable on voting day May 5 2011.
“These posters all bear the names of two Conservative Councillors who should know far better. They are David Wheeler and Ray Griffin.”
You may also want to watch:
The photographs were sent to Cambridgeshire County and Fenland District Councils and we are awaiting comment from both.
• David Wheeler and Ray Griffin both lost their seats on the district council and will see their town council decided fate on Monday when the count resumes.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor