Gallery: Wisbech Town UKIP candidate makes formal complaint over illegal posters
A WISBECH Town Council candidate has made a formal complaint against his rivals after he found posters illegally attached to telegraph poles.
UKIP candidate Alan Lay collected more than 20 posters put up by Conservative candidates standing for the town council in yesterday’s election.
He said: “The posters were in the area of the Oasis Polling Station. The stapling to trees owned by CCC is dubious, and the fixing to BT Telegraph Poles is also illegal.
“All of which I think is unacceptable on voting day May 5 2011.
“These posters all bear the names of two Conservative Councillors who should know far better. They are David Wheeler and Ray Griffin.”
You may also want to watch:
The photographs were sent to Cambridgeshire County and Fenland District Councils and we are awaiting comment from both.
• David Wheeler and Ray Griffin both lost their seats on the district council and will see their town council decided fate on Monday when the count resumes.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 8 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault