GALLERY: Youngsters take part in football tournament at home of Wisbech Town while parents get pampered
- Credit: Archant
YOUNG footballers ran around in the sun while their parents were pampered on the sidelines on Friday.
The boys and girls, aged seven to 14, were competing in a mixed football tournament at Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, home of Wisbech Town.
It was organised by We are Wisbech and the Rosmini Centre, following on from their joint International Children’s Day event in May this year.
Throughout the week the children took part in a free soccer camp, during which they worked with FA-qualified coaches.
Those looking for a distraction from the football enjoyed a pamper village at the stadium, with stalls offering a range of beauty treatments.
You may also want to watch:
Hot food and drinks, cakes and a licensed bar were also available.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public