GALLERY: Youngsters take part in football tournament at home of Wisbech Town while parents get pampered
- Credit: Archant
YOUNG footballers ran around in the sun while their parents were pampered on the sidelines on Friday.
The boys and girls, aged seven to 14, were competing in a mixed football tournament at Elgood’s Fenland Stadium, home of Wisbech Town.
It was organised by We are Wisbech and the Rosmini Centre, following on from their joint International Children’s Day event in May this year.
Throughout the week the children took part in a free soccer camp, during which they worked with FA-qualified coaches.
Those looking for a distraction from the football enjoyed a pamper village at the stadium, with stalls offering a range of beauty treatments.
Hot food and drinks, cakes and a licensed bar were also available.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push