GALLERY: Youngsters take to the stage at annual Wisbech Has Talent competition
YOUNGSTERS showed off their performing skills on Friday as the Oasis Centre held its annual Wisbech Has Talent competition.
Beatboxer Lewi Gallant, dancer Chelsea Clarke, guitarist Aston Brooks and singers Chelsie Smithson and Amber Castillo-Roman battled it out to be crowned the competition’s winner.
Judges, Leanne Beatson, from Tesco (who supplied the prizes) and PCSO Stephen Staniforth chose Chelsie as their winner. Amber finished runner-up while third place was awarded Lewi.
Chris Stevens, Oasis Centre manager, compered the event and said: “We may have only had five entrants but they all definitely made it extremely difficult for the judges to make a decision.
“I’m glad I wasn’t judging them because it was impossible to separate them and each act was so different. Everyone who attended the show said they had a brilliant and very enjoyable afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“There were all impressed with the fantastic talent and abilities of those taking part.”
• For more information on future events at the centre contact 01945 461526 and ask for either Cherry or Jenna.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage