Gambling for free
THEY put their cards on the table, the die was cast, the chips were down – they were ready to take a gamble on the future. But there were no real losers in this game of chance. Members packed into March Conservative Club to enjoy a casino night – and all
THEY put their cards on the table, the die was cast, the chips were down - they were ready to take a gamble on the future.
But there were no real losers in this game of chance. Members packed into March Conservative Club to enjoy a casino night - and all on £25 worth of free 'chips' presented to them on the door.
The equipment and croupiers were provided by Chatteris Conservative Club, compere was Alan Parrish and three members from the March Club, Louise and Andy Ayres and Naomi Smith also volunteered their services as croupiers.
At the end of the evening the 10 players with the highest amount of chips then played it out against each other at the roulette table and the winner carried off the top prize, a bottle of champagne.
You may also want to watch:
The other finalists were presented with bottles of wine.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody