Gaming store The Hobbit Hole in Chatteris crowns its first champion with regional tournament due shortly
- Credit: Archant
David Gadsby has been crowned The Hobbit Hole’s first “Blood Bowl” champion.
He saw off eight challengers to come out on top in a competition described as “American Football with a twist”.
The gaming store in Chatteris High Street has proved a big hit since it was opened by in June by former Warhammer ebay trader John Freeman.
On November 9, a regional gaming Yu-Gi-Oh tournament (based on a Konami card game) will held at The Chatteris Working Men’s Club, with up to 200 competitors from across the region descending on the town.
Local gamer Lewis Norton said: “This is the biggest thing to happen in Chatteris in my lifetime. All the other regionals are in places like London, Birmigham and Belfast. It’s amazing we got one here.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/1448603318695351/?context=create&source=49 or the Hobbit Hole Website www.the-hobbit-hole.co.uk
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens