Gang left man unconscious in “nasty and cowardly attack”
A GANG of youths left a man unconscious in a “nasty and cowardly attack” after they turned on him when he tried to stop them from jumping on a car.
The victim, from Blackpool, was walking home last Saturday morning, between midnight and 2am, when he spotted the gang jumping on the car in Great Whyte, Ramsey.
The car left, but the gang approached the victim and punched and kicked him to the ground.
He got up and started to walk back to his home with a friend but came across the group again on Station Road when one of the gang punched him again.
The rest of the gang joined in, punching, kicking and stamping on the man as he lay on the ground.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old was taken to hospital where he was treated for serious injuries and was released that evening.
DC Tracie Furnell said: “This was a nasty and cowardly assault in which a group of seven to nine youths kicked and stamped on the victim until he was unconscious.
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Ex-employee ordered to pay £2k after losing ‘age discrimination’ case
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Drink driver reported after village crash
- 9 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
“I am keen to speak to anyone who saw what happened or knows who might have been in this group of attackers.”
Two men from Ramsey, aged 21 and 24, have been arrested in connection with the assault and released on police bail to return to Huntingdon Police Station on August 24.
CONTACT: Anyone with information should contact DC Furnell on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.