Garage catches fire in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a garage fire in Wisbech today.
One crew from Wisbech was called to a blazing wooden garage in Lynn Road, Wisbech, at 11.35am.
They used hose reels to extinguish it and returned to their stations by 12.20pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
John Chelton, watch commander at Wisbech Fire Station, said: “This started as an electrical fire in a fuse box which spread through the building owing to the numerous flammable items stored inside.
You may also want to watch:
“This fuse box did not have a residual-current device protector (RCD), which would have detected a problem and tripped out the current, meaning the fire would not have started.
“This is a timely call for homeowners to have a certified electrician check the electrics in their home and ensure they have an RCD.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“We would also encourage people to take this opportunity to clear out their sheds and garages of any materials they do not need and store cylinders safely.”