Gardening club sows the seeds for mud-free church with a foot scraper
- Credit: Archant
A church gardening club put the boot in for mud-free floors thanks to a donation of a foot scraper.
The club, that was formed four years ago and consists of six members, donated their own money to buy the foot scraper for St Mary’s Church in Westry.
The club formed after the church was burnt down by arsonists and the members, who are all from March, donated their own money to the church to try and keep the club running for as long as possible.
The foot scraper was made and designed by the members of the gardening club who later gave their design ideas to Roger Redmond of Ironmen Fabrication in Wisbech.
The firm gifted it to the gardening club which meant their funds were able to be donated into the church.
You may also want to watch:
The footscraper was put in the grounds at the front of the church for all members of the church and public to see as they enter the church grounds.
Its dedication was made by Rev Jenny Webb.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze