GCSE RESULTS: 54pc of Sir Harry Smith’s GCSE students achieve five A*-Cs including Maths and English
ALMOST three-quarters of students at Sir Harry Smith Community College achieved five A*-C grades in their GCSE results.
The percentage of students who got five A*-C grades including English and Maths at the Whittlesey school was 54 per cent.
A total of 68 per cent of students gained an A*-C in English and 62 per cent gained an A*-C in Maths.
Jonathan Digby, principal, said: “We are delighted with the outstanding results from a number of our students, who have worked extremely hard this year and deserve their success.”
The highest performing students were:
Anoushka Adam (10 A*, two A, one B)
Jacob Beebe (two A*, 11 A)
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 3 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 4 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 5 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
James Dietz (five A*, six A, one B)
Patricia Gletherow (one A*, nine A, two B)
Samuel Killingworth (two A*, seven A, four B)
Laura Pettit (five A*, two A, five B, one C)
Emelie Vardon (two A*, eight A, three B)
Lucy Watts (three A*, eight A, one B, one C)