GCSE RESULTS: Maureen’s legacy? Students celebrate stunning turnaround at Thomas Clarkson
STUDENTS are celebrating a milestone in the progress of Thomas Clarkson Academy this morning as they toast the school’s best ever set of GCSE results.
Provisional figures show that 55 per cent of students at the Wisbech school achieved five A*-C grades, with a greater number achieving the top marks.
There has been a massive 15 per cent improvement on the number of students gaining A-C passes in both English and Maths.
New principal Clare Claxton said: “Our students have done well across the board. These great results demonstrate the academy’s commitment to raising achievement.
“I am delighted for this year’s students and their success is fully deserved.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff at the academy are delighted and have already expressed their determination to ensure next year’s cohort of students is even more successful.”
Ms Claxton, 52, was appointed as the successor to Maureen Strudwick last term. For a full interview with Ms Claxton click on the link at the top of the page.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off