Gemma takes charge of Whittlesey Slimming World group after losing 2st in four months
A SLIMMER who lost 2st in four months is to use her inspirational story to lead others to weight loss victory.
Gemma Lee, of Eastrea, first walked into a Slimming World group in January.
But 16 weeks later the new, slimline Ms Lee will take over a group like the one she was once a member of as a newly-trained Slimming World consultant ready to divulge the secrets of her success.
Her top tip for success is to eat plenty of filling foods - so you’ll be less tempted to graze on snacks later.
“My weight loss has completely changed my life,” Ms Lee said.
You may also want to watch:
“As a slimmer myself, I know how hard it can be. I couldn’t have lost more than two stone without my consultant and my group.
“Sharing recipes and other ideas, and overcoming disappointments as well as celebrating success was all part of the journey, so there will be lots of support, encouragement and fun at my Slimming World group.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The 26-year-old joined Slimming World after saying she felt “trapped in her post-pregnancy body” and was suffering from a lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
She was also worried that giving up smoking would cause her to pile on the pounds but soon found the cure for her weight problems - food optimising.
The plan includes eating lots of filling foods such as rice, pasta and potatoes with lean meat or fish to ensure Ms Lee never felt hungry or tempted to reach for unhealthy snacks.
The result is not just a better figure but also a more active and energetic lifestyle.
Ms Lee said: “Slimming World isn’t just about changing what you eat. It’s all about getting the support to choose a healthier lifestyle like finding ways to become more active even if you’re not very mobile or don’t like exercise.”
Ms Lee’s Slimming World group will be held at Childer’s function room, Station Road, Whittlesey, every Tuesday from 5.30-7.30pm.
The group starts on June 12.
For more information, call Ms Lee on 01733 350091.