Gemma takes charge of Whittlesey Slimming World group after losing 2st in four months
A SLIMMER who lost 2st in four months is to use her inspirational story to lead others to weight loss victory.
Gemma Lee, of Eastrea, first walked into a Slimming World group in January.
But 16 weeks later the new, slimline Ms Lee will take over a group like the one she was once a member of as a newly-trained Slimming World consultant ready to divulge the secrets of her success.
Her top tip for success is to eat plenty of filling foods - so you’ll be less tempted to graze on snacks later.
“My weight loss has completely changed my life,” Ms Lee said.
“As a slimmer myself, I know how hard it can be. I couldn’t have lost more than two stone without my consultant and my group.
“Sharing recipes and other ideas, and overcoming disappointments as well as celebrating success was all part of the journey, so there will be lots of support, encouragement and fun at my Slimming World group.”
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 7 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 8 Dr Who/Alice in Wonderland parody mashup performance comes to March this Summer
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
The 26-year-old joined Slimming World after saying she felt “trapped in her post-pregnancy body” and was suffering from a lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
She was also worried that giving up smoking would cause her to pile on the pounds but soon found the cure for her weight problems - food optimising.
The plan includes eating lots of filling foods such as rice, pasta and potatoes with lean meat or fish to ensure Ms Lee never felt hungry or tempted to reach for unhealthy snacks.
The result is not just a better figure but also a more active and energetic lifestyle.
Ms Lee said: “Slimming World isn’t just about changing what you eat. It’s all about getting the support to choose a healthier lifestyle like finding ways to become more active even if you’re not very mobile or don’t like exercise.”
Ms Lee’s Slimming World group will be held at Childer’s function room, Station Road, Whittlesey, every Tuesday from 5.30-7.30pm.
The group starts on June 12.
For more information, call Ms Lee on 01733 350091.