Generous donations boost Whittlesey food bank
Just to update you on the Whittlesey Emergency Food Aid project.
Trolley donations were made by customers at Heron Foods, Whittlesey on December 12 and at Keshco, Broad Street, Whittlesey on December 13 resulting in extremely generous donations of food from the general public which was added to by the respective stores for which we are extremely grateful.
We have been busy distributing the food to needy people in Whittlesey and will continue to do so through other agencies in the town throughout the coming weeks.
In January we are hoping to hold a general meeting to explain more about the project and I will of course update you.
In the meantime a Merry Christmas to you both and all your colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
COUNCILLOR DAVID MASON
Mayor of Whittlesey
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site