Generous donations boost Whittlesey food bank
Just to update you on the Whittlesey Emergency Food Aid project.
Trolley donations were made by customers at Heron Foods, Whittlesey on December 12 and at Keshco, Broad Street, Whittlesey on December 13 resulting in extremely generous donations of food from the general public which was added to by the respective stores for which we are extremely grateful.
We have been busy distributing the food to needy people in Whittlesey and will continue to do so through other agencies in the town throughout the coming weeks.
In January we are hoping to hold a general meeting to explain more about the project and I will of course update you.
In the meantime a Merry Christmas to you both and all your colleagues.
COUNCILLOR DAVID MASON
Mayor of Whittlesey
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman