Generous donations boost Whittlesey food bank
Just to update you on the Whittlesey Emergency Food Aid project.
Trolley donations were made by customers at Heron Foods, Whittlesey on December 12 and at Keshco, Broad Street, Whittlesey on December 13 resulting in extremely generous donations of food from the general public which was added to by the respective stores for which we are extremely grateful.
We have been busy distributing the food to needy people in Whittlesey and will continue to do so through other agencies in the town throughout the coming weeks.
In January we are hoping to hold a general meeting to explain more about the project and I will of course update you.
In the meantime a Merry Christmas to you both and all your colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
COUNCILLOR DAVID MASON
Mayor of Whittlesey
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 8 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack