Generous March company donates sofa to mum who lost everything in New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
A SINGLE mum of three who was left destitute after a fire at her home on New Year’s Day has a new stylish sofa, thanks to the generosity of a March company.
The Factory Outlet and East Anglia Mobility Warehouse in Marina Drive donated the furniture to Jenny Edwards after reading of her plight in the Cambs Times.
Staff member Tina Thompson said: “As soon as I ready about the fire, I went to see my boss Ashley Smith, and he readily agreed that Jenny should be given a new sofa.
“I am a mother of five and a grandmother of eight, so Jenny’s problem really struck a chord with me. I have also got my family to collect some clothes for her family, and I have given her a television we no longer needed. It was devastating for Jenny to suffer the fire just after Christmas.”
Jenny, who lost all her furniture and clothes when fire ripped through her home at The Avenue at Ramsey, said: “I am really grateful to Tina and her boss for giving me a new sofa.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone has been so generous, I have also been given a washing machine by Hotpoint, and a lot of people have offered me furniture and clothes.”
Jenny’s children, 19-month-old Hollie, seven-year-old Dominic and five-year-old Summer are due to move out of temporary accommodation and into their new home in St Ives on Monday (February 4).
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“Monday is Dominic’s birthday, so I hope we can have his party in our new home,” added Jenny.