George Campbell Leisure Centre in March could be in line for major redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland sports centre may be about to get a major makeover.
Plans are in place to extend the gym, build an activity room and replace the changing rooms at March’s George Campbell Leisure Centre.
Development would take place on the raised tier overlooking West End Park.
The activity room, which would measure eight metres by 30 metres, would host dance and other classes and functions.
Work would be carried out to replace the changing rooms, which are of a “very poor design”, so they meet expected standards.
You may also want to watch:
The application said: “Fenland District Council recognises the need to provide a high level of leisure facilities to encourage and promote a healthier community.
“The leisure centre will benefit from the new extension and have a pleasing visual impact on the surrounding area as the existing facade is dated and in poor condition.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend