George Campbell swimming pool to shut for three weeks while new pool lining and roof insulation are installed
- Credit: Archant
The swimming pool at the George Campbell Centre in March will close for three weeks for a major refurbishment.
The pool will be out of action from December 13 until January 4 while a new pool lining and roof insulation are installed.
The work is part of the £850,000 makeover under way at the centre, which is due to be finished by April.
On Tuesday (December 2), the centre’s gym will be closed until 4.30pm to allow a crane to carry heavy items over the existing building.
Councillor Michelle Tanfield, Fenland District Council’s Cabinet member responsible for leisure, said: “All the improvements to the pool, the gym extension and the new changing rooms will make a massive difference to the George Campbell.
“Unfortunately, the major building programme involved means that inevitably some elements of the service will occasionally be unavailable over the next few weeks and months. We’ll obviously keep any disruption to a minimum.
“The programme is on track and on budget, with the groundwork almost complete and steel work about to start.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 10 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push