George Campbell swimming pool to shut for three weeks while new pool lining and roof insulation are installed
- Credit: Archant
The swimming pool at the George Campbell Centre in March will close for three weeks for a major refurbishment.
The pool will be out of action from December 13 until January 4 while a new pool lining and roof insulation are installed.
The work is part of the £850,000 makeover under way at the centre, which is due to be finished by April.
On Tuesday (December 2), the centre’s gym will be closed until 4.30pm to allow a crane to carry heavy items over the existing building.
Councillor Michelle Tanfield, Fenland District Council’s Cabinet member responsible for leisure, said: “All the improvements to the pool, the gym extension and the new changing rooms will make a massive difference to the George Campbell.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately, the major building programme involved means that inevitably some elements of the service will occasionally be unavailable over the next few weeks and months. We’ll obviously keep any disruption to a minimum.
“The programme is on track and on budget, with the groundwork almost complete and steel work about to start.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public