Georges licence still under threat
The Fenland District Council hearing for the Georges was adjourned until Wednesday February 12 at 9.30am.
The licence at Georges is still under threat & councillor Kit Owen - who’s causing all the trouble for the bar - thinks he’s formidable.
Time will tell how much influence he retains with the Committee, or if they do take notice of detailed info and in excess of 500 people who have written to the Council in support of live music in the bar.
Nigel is holding a function for Burns Night on Saturday January 25 visit: http://www.georges-march.co.uk/events/bondy-does-burns-night/9228
This will help him to judge if the improved sound proofing is working OK and I think the Councillors may be invited to attend to experience the bar with live music.
You may also want to watch:
Following the adjournment, I have written to the Chair of the Committee.
- 1 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens