Georgina Andrew celebrates her 100th birthday with an afternoon tea at her home in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The First World War was in full swing, King George V was the king of England and flying was in its infancy when Georgina Andrew was born in November 1916.
Since then Mrs Andrew, known as Nanny Andy to her family and Ena to her friends, has seen man walk on the moon, and the rise of the motor car as well as the arrival of computers and the Internet.
But to mark her birthday last Wednesday (23) Mrs Andrew enjoyed a good old fashioned afternoon tea party at Edina Court in Wisbech.
The centenarian has lived in the home on Harecroft Road for just under two years, deciding to move from her home in Murrow, where she lived with her late husband Leonard who died in 1974, so she could have more company.
Her hobbies included working on her small holding when she was younger. And she still enjoys her Sunday visits out to lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Her family is steadily expanding - She has two sons and their wives; Derek and Roma and Winston and Betty; five grandchildren; Roselyn Lawler, Mark Andrew (deceased), Karlie Andrew, Paul Andrew and Lesley High. Along with five great grandchildren and five great great grandchildren (soon to be six).
She likes her new home where she loves watching people come and go from her chair. She is well known as everyone’s Nanny Andy.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident