German twinning visit is ‘sehr gut’!
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Twinning Association has bid ‘auf wiedersehen’ to its German friends following their visit to the district.
Almost 30 guests from Fenland’s twin district of Stadt Nettetal sampled local culture during a trip to the Fens from July 5-9.
Among the highlights of their visit was a day-trip to Norfolk, which included seal watching at Blakeney and a steam train ride on the north Norfolk railway from Sheringham to Holt.
Guests also visited Wisbech to see the Rose Fair and Peckover House before taking a trip to Ely while others enjoyed time with their host families.
There was also a dinner dance at Childer’s Sports and Social Club in Whittlesey, with music by the One Eyed Cats, and a barbecue at Gorefield Sports Pavilion and Community Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The visit was organised by Fenland District Council and the Fenland Twinning Association.
Fenland District Council chairman, Councillor Kay Mayor, who hosted a welcome reception at Fenland Hall in March and the dinner dance, said: “The visit was enjoyed by all, both by our German visitors and their hosts.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“It was great to maintain the close links we have built up with them and look forward to meeting up with them again over in Germany in two years’ time.”
Anyone who wants to get involved with the Fenland Twinning Association should contact Mike Cornwell, the association’s secretary, via email: email@example.com