Get help tracing your family history in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Advice on how to search family history was the subject of a talk for the Fenland Family History Society.
The education officer from The Federation of Family History Societies gave an illustrated talk on how to use the family search free programme and how to get the most information out of it to progress research.
The meeting was held in St Augustine’s Church Hall instead of the usual meeting venue.
The next meeting is on Thursday July 28 and will be back in St Peter’s Church Hall, Wisbech, from 7pm until 9pm.
The guest speaker will be Liz Carter who will give a talk called the life of a Victorian child which will give an insight into how our ancestors lived.
You may also want to watch:
There is not a monthly meeting in August but the computer research sessions continue on Tuesday August 2 in Wisbech Library from 10am to noon then Tuesday August 9 in Wyevale Garden Centre in Crowland from 11am to 3.30pm.
Everyone welcome, the service is free.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens