Get into the festive spirit at March’s marvellous Christmas light’s switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Marvel at March’s Christmas Lights when the town comes to life next Friday evening for its annual festive welcoming.
Expect lots of hustle, bustle and festive frolics as the switch-on takes over the town on Friday night.
It will be accompanied by a fun fair along Broad Street and a colourful display of narrowboats along the Old River Nene by members of the Middle Level Watermen’s Club.
Musical entertainment will also cover the main stage on the market square.
But the real attraction will be the arrival of Santa, who will leave the Oliver Cromwell Hotel and arrive in the Market Square shortly before 7pm on his sleigh, accompanied by his elves.
After switching on the lights, Santa will once again go to his grotto to meet the town’s young people.
So pull on your Christmas jumpers, bring your family, friends and everyone else and get into the seasonal spirit.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
The fun begins at 7pm!