Get into the festive spirit at March’s marvellous Christmas light’s switch-on
- Credit: Archant
Marvel at March’s Christmas Lights when the town comes to life next Friday evening for its annual festive welcoming.
Expect lots of hustle, bustle and festive frolics as the switch-on takes over the town on Friday night.
It will be accompanied by a fun fair along Broad Street and a colourful display of narrowboats along the Old River Nene by members of the Middle Level Watermen’s Club.
Musical entertainment will also cover the main stage on the market square.
But the real attraction will be the arrival of Santa, who will leave the Oliver Cromwell Hotel and arrive in the Market Square shortly before 7pm on his sleigh, accompanied by his elves.
You may also want to watch:
After switching on the lights, Santa will once again go to his grotto to meet the town’s young people.
So pull on your Christmas jumpers, bring your family, friends and everyone else and get into the seasonal spirit.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
The fun begins at 7pm!