Get your bid in now
GROUPS in Fenland wanting a slice of the £1million made available by a new housing association have until October 26 to submit their bids. Roddons Housing Association has announced that application forms for its Community Fund are available for those wish
GROUPS in Fenland wanting a slice of the £1million made available by a new housing association have until October 26 to submit their bids.
Roddons Housing Association has announced that application forms for its Community Fund are available for those wishing to apply for a share of the money.
Pauline Ford, Roddons managing director, said: "As part of the housing transfer Roddons Housing Association promised to give £1million to community projects in the district over the next five years.
"Fenland residents were invited to nominate projects that meet one of the five criteria at the various Roadshow events during June and July this year.
"The £1million Roddons Community Fund is in addition to the £250,000 Fenland District Council Community Grant funding and will benefit many worthwhile community projects and groups in the area."
The five criteria for successful Roddons Community Fund applications are:
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Missing woman back home
- 8 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- Improving access to information and services
- Embracing equality and diversity
- Family learning and economic well-being
- Building a sustainable environment
- Improving quality of life
Ms Ford said: "We want the Community Fund to go to projects and schemes that benefit the community in Fenland. Applications are encouraged from voluntary, community or self-help groups.
"Town and parish councils can apply, as well as schools and health bodies, as long as the funding is not to support a statutory function. We look forward to hearing from interested parties."
Roddons Housing Association is a new social landlord which will own and manage more than 3,700 homes in Fenland once the transfer of the housing stock from Fenland District Council takes place in November.
It will be a group partner of Circle Anglia.
Community Fund application packs can be obtained from Fiona Bebbington, Roddons Implementation Team (tel 01354 602166 or e-mail Fiona.bebbington@circle anglia.org or Fenland Council for Voluntary Service, www.fenland cvs.co.uk