Get your bid in now
GROUPS in Fenland wanting a slice of the £1million made available by a new housing association have until October 26 to submit their bids. Roddons Housing Association has announced that application forms for its Community Fund are available for those wish
GROUPS in Fenland wanting a slice of the £1million made available by a new housing association have until October 26 to submit their bids.
Roddons Housing Association has announced that application forms for its Community Fund are available for those wishing to apply for a share of the money.
Pauline Ford, Roddons managing director, said: "As part of the housing transfer Roddons Housing Association promised to give £1million to community projects in the district over the next five years.
"Fenland residents were invited to nominate projects that meet one of the five criteria at the various Roadshow events during June and July this year.
You may also want to watch:
"The £1million Roddons Community Fund is in addition to the £250,000 Fenland District Council Community Grant funding and will benefit many worthwhile community projects and groups in the area."
The five criteria for successful Roddons Community Fund applications are:
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- Improving access to information and services
- Embracing equality and diversity
- Family learning and economic well-being
- Building a sustainable environment
- Improving quality of life
Ms Ford said: "We want the Community Fund to go to projects and schemes that benefit the community in Fenland. Applications are encouraged from voluntary, community or self-help groups.
"Town and parish councils can apply, as well as schools and health bodies, as long as the funding is not to support a statutory function. We look forward to hearing from interested parties."
Roddons Housing Association is a new social landlord which will own and manage more than 3,700 homes in Fenland once the transfer of the housing stock from Fenland District Council takes place in November.
It will be a group partner of Circle Anglia.
Community Fund application packs can be obtained from Fiona Bebbington, Roddons Implementation Team (tel 01354 602166 or e-mail Fiona.bebbington@circle anglia.org or Fenland Council for Voluntary Service, www.fenland cvs.co.uk