Getting to know - Andy Stimson
1 Who are you? Andy Stimson 2 What do you do? IT Specialist/Consultant for IBM, working on computer outsourcing accounts worldwide. 3 Why would people know you. I m currently Chairman of the Whittlesea Motorcycle Club 4 On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the
1 Who are you?
2 What do you do?
IT Specialist/Consultant for IBM, working on computer outsourcing accounts worldwide.
3 Why would people know you.
I'm currently Chairman of the Whittlesea Motorcycle Club
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
4 On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how do your rate your sense of humour?
5 What was your last text message you sent or received?
It was work related - nothing special.
6 Give us at least five pet hates.
Ignorant drivers and using phones whilst driving, TV soaps, reality programmes, price of fuel, short winter days, price of houses, rhubarb!
7 Is it time for Britain to abolish the Royal Family?
8 Are you looking forward to the smoking ban in pubs and why?
Yes. No-one in my family smokes, and I feel I should not have to endure anyone else's fumes.
9 What is your favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe, and why?
Jeans... no particular reason, just simple and hard-wearing.
10 Where is the capital of the Fens and why?
Wisbech... my old stomping ground as a youngster.
11 Which TV programme sends you to the off button?
TV soaps & "reality" programmes!
12 If you had £1,000 to blow what you would do with it?
Spend it on a holiday.
13 What football result do you look for first and why?
Don't... not really interested in Football unless it's the World Cup.
14 Name a town or country you would never want to return to, and your reasons.
Can't name one really.
15 Who would you most like to sit next to on an aeroplane and why?
Ewan MacGregor or Charlie Boorman (went round the world on motorcycles).
16 Who would you cross the road to avoid?
Anyone holding a microphone!
17 What is the worst job you have ever had to do?
Assist in a road traffic accident.
18 Who was your childhood hero and why?
Barry Sheene, for his skill and exploits on motorcycles.
19 If you weren't doing your current job, what else might you have chosen?
Start my own restoration and engineering business - for motorbikes of course!
20 Your claim to fame.
I have had some features on my motorcycle in local and international magazines and currently had a bike on display at the Excel show in London for "Classic Bike of the Year".
21 What's your biggest regret in life?
No regrets, just missed opportunities.