Getting to know you
1 Who are you? Brian Geach 2 What do you do? I m the lollipop man for Burrowmoor Primary School 3 Why would people know you? I ve been working here for 18 years, talking to parents and children. 4 What s the most interesting thing that ever happened to
1 Who are you?
2 What do you do?
I'm the lollipop man for Burrowmoor Primary School
3 Why would people know you?
I've been working here for 18 years, talking to parents and children.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
4 What's the most interesting thing that ever happened to you?
The birth of my first grandson James two years ago, my children being born and meeting my wife.
5 What do you like most about the Fens?
In honesty the property prices and the friendly people.
6 Give us at least five pet hates.
People using mobile phones in public places, car drivers who don't indicate, parents parking right outside the school, littering in streets and parks, teenage vandalism.
7 What sort of car do you drive?
A Fiat Brava
8 What do you think about people who smoke?
I'm open minded. If they want to smoke its their choice. I have no problem with it but am not a smoker myself.
9 What is your favourite restaurant/pub?
The Barn cafe in Station Road, March. It's good quality and gives large portions.
10 What is the most money you spent in one day?
Buying a car.
11 What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?
Sending flowers on birthdays and anniversaries to my wife.
12 Would you say you were fashion conscious?
I like casual clothes, polo tops etc.
13 What is on you bedside table?
A radio and an alarm clock.
14 If you had £100 to give to a charity, who would you give it to and why?
Any cancer charity as its a terrible disease which affects so many people.
15 Do you agree with the idea of private education?
If people can afford it, it's their choice. I'm happy with state schooling.
16. Name a town or country you would never return to?
17 Who would you least like to sit next to on an aeroplane?
18. If you were Prime Minister, what would you abolish?
Tax on petrol, because it's far to high.
19 What is the worst job you have ever had to do?
Working on a pig farm for five years after leaving school.
20 Which person do you admire most and why?
Richard Branson because he's made a fortune and although he's rich and powerful he retains his modesty
21 Your claim to fame?
Being a father to my four children.
22 What would you most like to be remembered for?
Just being an outgoing, modest and friendly person who would help anyone in need.