Getting to know you - Shirley Wright
1 Who are you? Shirley Wright 2 What do you do? Run shop with my husband in Whittlesey. 3 Why would people know you? Mainly through the shop. 4 What do you like most about the Fens? The great big skies. 5 Give us at least five pet hates. People who ta
1 Who are you?
2 What do you do?
Run shop with my husband in Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
3 Why would people know you?
Mainly through the shop.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
4 What do you like most about the Fens?
The great big skies.
5 Give us at least five pet hates.
People who talk on phones while being served, arrogant people, litter bugs, TV news reporters giving their opinions rather than facts, moaning about the weather as it can't be changed.
6 What sort of car do you drive?
7 What do you think about people who smoke?
It's entirely their choice
8 What is you favourite Fenland restaurant/pub?
Bygones Bistro, Whittlesey.
9 What is the most money you spent in one day?
Last holiday about 15 years ago.
10 Would you say you are fashion conscious?
I try to stay smart.
11 What is on your
A lamp, alarm clock, bible and the current book I'm reading.
12 If you had £100 to give to charity, who would you give it to?
Friends of St Mary's Church, Whittlesey.
13 Do you agree with the idea of private education?
Absolutely. If you have the money, go for it.
14 Name a town or country you would never want to return to.
Malta - all concrete and aerials.
15 Who would you least like to sit next to on an aeroplane?
16 If you were the Prime Minister, what would you abolish?
17 What is the worst job you have ever had to do?
Arrange my father's funeral three months before my own wedding.
18. Which person do you admire the most, and why?
Several but especially, customer Lorraine Johnson who is inspirational.
19 Your claim to fame.
Currently hold the title of Whittlesey Citizen of the Year.
20 What would you most like to be remembered for?
When the time comes I will let people make up their own minds.