Giraffe Wisbech restaurant creates 35 jobs
- Credit: Archant
A restaurant which is set to open at a shopping complex in Fenland has created 35 jobs.
National chain Giraffe, which was set up by husband and wife Russel and Juliette Joffe 16 years ago but is now owned by Tesco, is opening a restaurant in the Cromwell Road Tesco complex in Wisbech.
Staff training is currently taking place at the restaurant, which will serve everything from steaks to stir-frys, ahead of its grand opening on May 12.
Manager Natasha Aspinall said: “Nobody has transferred from anywhere else so we are training a brand new team of people from Wisbech.”
The business operates 49 restaurants in the UK, five of which are located in airports, as well as a restaurant in the United Arab Emirates.
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to www.giraffe.net, www.twitter.com/giraffetweet or www.facebook.com/girafferestaurants
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused