Girl, 12, arrested on suspicion of arson after Wisbech bedroom fire
- Credit: Archant
A 12 year old girl has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a fire in a Wisbech house last night.
Two crews from Wisbech were called to a fire at an address in Victoria Road at about 10.15pm.
A fire in a bedroom was extinguished by a sprinkler system before fire crews arrived, minimising the damage of what would have been a severe fire.
The fire was out before crews arrived and everyone had safely evacuated. Crews ensured the fire was fully extinguished and left around 11.10pm.
Group Commander Chris Parker said: “This is a great example of how a sprinkler system can reduce the damage caused by a fire.
You may also want to watch:
“Had the building not been fitted with a sprinkler system, the fire would have caused significant damage to this residential building, costing thousands of pounds and causing huge disruption and upset for those living there.
“Not only do sprinklers save lives and prevent fire and smoke damage, they use less than five per cent of the water we would to extinguish a fire, so prevent significant water damage too.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
For more information about sprinkler systems go to: www.cambsfire.gov.uk/firesafety/sprinklers.php