Girl, 12, arrested on suspicion of arson after Wisbech bedroom fire
- Credit: Archant
A 12 year old girl has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a fire in a Wisbech house last night.
Two crews from Wisbech were called to a fire at an address in Victoria Road at about 10.15pm.
A fire in a bedroom was extinguished by a sprinkler system before fire crews arrived, minimising the damage of what would have been a severe fire.
The fire was out before crews arrived and everyone had safely evacuated. Crews ensured the fire was fully extinguished and left around 11.10pm.
Group Commander Chris Parker said: “This is a great example of how a sprinkler system can reduce the damage caused by a fire.
“Had the building not been fitted with a sprinkler system, the fire would have caused significant damage to this residential building, costing thousands of pounds and causing huge disruption and upset for those living there.
“Not only do sprinklers save lives and prevent fire and smoke damage, they use less than five per cent of the water we would to extinguish a fire, so prevent significant water damage too.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
For more information about sprinkler systems go to: www.cambsfire.gov.uk/firesafety/sprinklers.php