Teenage girl steps into path of oncoming car - to avoid a snowball
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl narrowly avoided serious injury today when she stepped into the path of an oncoming car during a snowball fight.
The 13-year-old was waiting at bus stop in Doddington with school friends when she moved into the road to avoid a snowball and was hit a passing motorist.
Luckily, she was uninjured but has been taken to Hinchingbrooke hospital for a precautionary X-ray.
A family friend went to the scene to help out and said the car driver was not to blame.
“It was definitely not his fault,” he said. “She simply stepped into the road and he accidentally hit her”.
You may also want to watch:
Police and paramedics were called to the scene of the accident in High Street at 8.22am today (Friday December 4).
Police said: “A Kia Picanto was involved in a collision. The child is reportedly uninjured, but paramedics have attended the scene.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
The family friend who called us said the teenager’s only concern was her school bag which had to be cut free from her.
“But we’ve already ordered another from Amazon – she’ll be fine,” he said.