Teenage girl steps into path of oncoming car - to avoid a snowball
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl narrowly avoided serious injury today when she stepped into the path of an oncoming car during a snowball fight.
The 13-year-old was waiting at bus stop in Doddington with school friends when she moved into the road to avoid a snowball and was hit a passing motorist.
Luckily, she was uninjured but has been taken to Hinchingbrooke hospital for a precautionary X-ray.
A family friend went to the scene to help out and said the car driver was not to blame.
“It was definitely not his fault,” he said. “She simply stepped into the road and he accidentally hit her”.
You may also want to watch:
Police and paramedics were called to the scene of the accident in High Street at 8.22am today (Friday December 4).
Police said: “A Kia Picanto was involved in a collision. The child is reportedly uninjured, but paramedics have attended the scene.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
The family friend who called us said the teenager’s only concern was her school bag which had to be cut free from her.
“But we’ve already ordered another from Amazon – she’ll be fine,” he said.