Girls blaze a trail-er glory with their new equipment
- Credit: Archant
THE Girls Venture Corps Air Cadets in Wisbech have bought a trailer for their camping and activity equipment thanks to a donation from the Wisbech Lions and a grant from the town council.
Lions Members Kevin Rodgers and Les Spriggs visited the unit during the regular Wednesday night meeting and presented them with a cheque for £250.
The GVCAC needed a trailer to transport items like camping supplies and archery equipment as their leader is the only qualified instructor within the GVCAC for the whole country.
The trailer was used for the first time to transport archery equipment to RAF Halton, Aylesbury, for a triathlon weekend where cadets from all over the country were given the chance to try archery, shooting and physical challenges on one day and compete against each other on the next.
The donation was one of many made by the Lions within the community.
You may also want to watch:
The GVCAC team are looking to work closer with them in the future to help them raise more money for other groups too.
Anyone interested in further information or joining the Girls Venture Corps Air Cadets are asked to call 07876593973 or email email@example.com
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend