Give local dogs a loving new home
- Credit: Archant
A loving home is needed for two dogs who are looking for kind new owners.
Rob Phipps, who runs The Pet Shop in Station Road at March, has taken in a number of unwanted dogs and is desperate to find them new forever homes.
One of them is blind Billy and the other is Sally the bulldog.
Rob said: “Billy was born totally blind but gets around remarkably well, he can bark and be defensive around other dogs as a self defence mechanism due to him not knowing what’s around him, but once reassured he calms down and mixes well.
“He’ll need a patient home with secure garden where he can feel safe and work out where everything is. He gets around really well and most people don’t even realise he’s blind so don’t let that hold you back from bringing him into your lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Sally is a bulldog that came to Rob as her owners weren’t allowed dogs in their new house.
He said: “ She’d been attacked previously and has a scar on her neck but she still loves playing with all other dogs and charging about like a lunatic!
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“She has endless energy and would suit a family home with older children 13+ that can help wear her out and vice versa.”
When dogs are rehomed they will be spayed, fully vaccinated and micro-chipped.
If you’d like to help Billy or Sally but cannot fit them into your lives you could always sponsor them while they stay with Rob or donate some food via The Pet Shop March, Cambs, PE15 8LB.
Volunteer dog walkers are also needed. Send any donations to www.paypal.co.uk or conatact HelpMeHelpMyDog@Hotmail.com or visit the Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/HelpMeHelpMyDog