Glastonbury comes to Maple Grove Pre-School in March
- Credit: Archant
Glastonbury Festival came to a pre-school in March on Friday, complete with a mud field, live music stages, campfire, face-painting, photo booth, paddling pool and even a pet enclosure.
More than 100 children at Maple Grove pre-school spent the day singing, dancing, painting, posing for pictures, getting temporary tattoos and everything inbetween - after getting their wristbands for the festival of course.
Despite only deciding to host their own Glasto last Friday, over 20 staff pulled together and called in favours to make it a memorable event.
Tina Bidwell, group manager, said: “Within a week everyone embraced it. We found a lot of our ideas by scrolling through the internet.
“It’s something very different and British - and the children will have learnt so much from it. It has been an awesome day; the staff have worked really hard to make this happen.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been so successful that we’ll definitely put another one on next year.”
One of the children said it was the “best day of my life”.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend