Go Green week in March raises £9,400 for local Macmillan cancer care services
- Credit: Archant
A week of going green in March raised £9,400 for two centres run by Macmillan cancer charity.
Money raised will be divided between the Robert Horrell Day Care Centre at Peterborough Hospital and the new Macmillan Woodlands Centre Appeal at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Jessica Levin, regional fund raising manager, said: “We cannot thank the March and Chatteris group enough for their hard work and dedication to fund raising for Macmillan Cancer Support.
“Their support allows us to be there for people affected by cancer in the local community.”
Local volunteers sent a massive thank you to all the people, shops, schools and businesses who supported the Macmillan ‘Go Green’ week in May.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the local fund raising total was £25,411.61.
Some of this money will help fund grants for local people affected by cancer who are struggling financially to pay the various costs arising from their treatment.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
To find out if you are eligible for a Macmillan grant, or for more information, call the Macmillan Support Line free on 0808 808 00 00 on Monday to Friday from 9am to 8pm.
If you have a little extra time and are interested in helping the charity on a regular or ad hoc basis, please call 07961 507515 to talk to a member of the local fund raising group.