Going for gold: Air cadets Steven and Daniel chat to the Duke of Edinburgh
- Credit: Archant
TWO members of March Air Cadets managed to have a brief chat with Prince Philip when he attended a presentation ceremony of gold Duke of Edinburgh Awards at St James’ Palace.
Flight Sergeants Steven Pugh and Daniel Lowe from 1220 (March) Squadron Air Cadets both completed their gold awards at the end of 2011 - but had to wait over a year for a date to visit the palace, because 2012 was such a busy year for the Royal Family.
Steven and Daniel were among 70 cadets who gathered in the Queen Anne room to wait to talk to the Duke. After their chat, the cadets were presented with their award by Commandant of Air Cadets, Air Commodore Dawn McCafferty.
Flight Sergeant Daniel Lowe said “I am really proud on achieving this award and was really pleased to get to visit St James’ palace and chat with the Duke of Edinburgh.”
All eligible cadets at 1220 Squadron are working towards a Duke of Edinburgh’s award at either bronze, silver or gold level and Flight Sergeants Pugh and Lowe will now help run the award for others.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on 1220 (March) Squadron, log onto the website at www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire