Golf tournament held in memory of March councillor Peter Tunley raises over £1,500
- Credit: Archant
A golf tournament held in memory of a former March councillor raised over £1,500.
More than 30 golfers and their partners turned out at Thorpe Wood golf course in Peterborough to remember Peter Tunley, who died last year.
The day raised £1,548, which was donated to the Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice in Peterborough.
The winning team on the day was Two & A Half Men, comprised of Martin Trengrove, Sean Cross and Paul Purcell from March with 54 points.
Peter’s son, Michael, said: “During the final weeks the staff from the Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice were amazing and the level of care and support they gave my family was simply brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to Rachel Cross, Nikki Purcell, Louise Tunley, Sophie Tunley and Olivia Tunley who helped, Craig Nichols and Lee Dolby who helped me organise the whole thing and to all the companies who gave raffle prizes.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire