Good luck mum! Proud Wisbech brothers pay tribute to mum Melanie as she prepares to run Edinburgh Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Two proud brothers have said good luck to their mum through this newspaper as she prepares to take part in her second marathon in just five weeks.
Wisbech brothers Finley and Oliver Murdoch’s mum Melanie is running the Edinburgh Marathon on Sunday, five weeks after completing the London Marathon.
“Please, please would you write a story about our fantastic mum, we are very proud of her,” said 10-year-old Oliver.
Brother Finley, 13, said: “Our mum has chosen to run possibly four marathons this year. She has taken time out of her busy schedule to prepare for London, Edinburgh, Lithuania and Bournemouth marathon.
“She has previously participated in two marathons, making this a huge step up.
You may also want to watch:
“She has finished one so far, being London. She did this in a spectacular time of three hours 15 minutes, making her an elite marathon runner.”
She is raising money for Age UK. Her total stands at just over £1,400. To boost that total, visit www.justgiving.com/Melanie-Murdoch1/
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder