Good Morning Britain meteorologist Laura Tobin has an early start at the top of Ely Cathedral on the hottest day of the year
- Credit: Archant
It’s not everyone who has the inclination to climb 288 steps to the top of Ely Cathedral at 5am.
But then Laura Tobin has no ordinary job and as the weather presenter on Good Morning Britain she goes where the sun or showers take her!
Today her bosses decided to broadcast her live updates into the morning show from the top of Ely Cathedral.
The 34-year-old meteorologist, who joined ITV in 2012 from the BBC, was happy to do so.
With her crew they also took some stunning shots of the city.
You may also want to watch:
What a day to visit Ely. For as Laura pointed out – frequently – it was the hottest day of the year.
Or, as she told her 57,000 followers on Twitter, “Yay! Today will be the #hottestdayoftheyear so far. 35C that’s 95F in SE & 10C+ average for many but high-v high UV!”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend