Good Parcel Appeal
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal.
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal. Their letters tell us how much they appreciate your generosity and how it helps boost morale during a difficult and demanding tour by reminding them that people back home are supporting and thinking of them.
Public support for this appeal has been outstanding. To date 300 parcels have been sent and our aim is to continue the appeal for as long as our troops are being deployed.
Our thanks also to Tesco, Boots (Broad Street and Riverside), Thing-me-Bobs and Station Bookstall for their collection points.
If you have a family member of friend serving in Afghanistan please contact me so that I can arrange a parcel.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
Royal British Legion
Tel: 01354 652233