Good Parcel Appeal
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal.
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal. Their letters tell us how much they appreciate your generosity and how it helps boost morale during a difficult and demanding tour by reminding them that people back home are supporting and thinking of them.
Public support for this appeal has been outstanding. To date 300 parcels have been sent and our aim is to continue the appeal for as long as our troops are being deployed.
Our thanks also to Tesco, Boots (Broad Street and Riverside), Thing-me-Bobs and Station Bookstall for their collection points.
If you have a family member of friend serving in Afghanistan please contact me so that I can arrange a parcel.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 10 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
Royal British Legion
Tel: 01354 652233