Good Parcel Appeal
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal.
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal. Their letters tell us how much they appreciate your generosity and how it helps boost morale during a difficult and demanding tour by reminding them that people back home are supporting and thinking of them.
Public support for this appeal has been outstanding. To date 300 parcels have been sent and our aim is to continue the appeal for as long as our troops are being deployed.
Our thanks also to Tesco, Boots (Broad Street and Riverside), Thing-me-Bobs and Station Bookstall for their collection points.
If you have a family member of friend serving in Afghanistan please contact me so that I can arrange a parcel.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
Royal British Legion
Tel: 01354 652233