Good Parcel Appeal
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal.
I WOULD like to pass on the thanks of our troops serving in Afghanistan to your many readers who have donated items to our Good Parcel Appeal. Their letters tell us how much they appreciate your generosity and how it helps boost morale during a difficult and demanding tour by reminding them that people back home are supporting and thinking of them.
Public support for this appeal has been outstanding. To date 300 parcels have been sent and our aim is to continue the appeal for as long as our troops are being deployed.
Our thanks also to Tesco, Boots (Broad Street and Riverside), Thing-me-Bobs and Station Bookstall for their collection points.
If you have a family member of friend serving in Afghanistan please contact me so that I can arrange a parcel.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Royal British Legion
Tel: 01354 652233