Gorefield’s 56th annual show promises ‘to be as fun-packed and full as ever’ – here’s everything you need to know about the village’s event
- Credit: Archant
As Gorefield prepares for its 56th annual show, here’s everything you need to know about the village’s summer event.
Organisers say this year’s event, held on Saturday June 9, will be “fun-packed and as full as ever” with activities ranging from dog shows to fancy dress parades.
This year, the show would like to target budding bakers for the show’s famous cake stall, a spokesman said: “We’d be very grateful for any homemade biscuits or cakes.
“The stall is very popular and has a delicious array of some very scrumptious cakes. If you can make a cake or two you can drop them off at the village Londis shop before Saturday or at the stall on show day.”
The show’s running order is as followed:
You may also want to watch:
• 9.30 Judging of Heavy Horse Classes
• 1.30 Tug of War (Shire Horse Vs Children) - NEW this year!
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
• 2.00 Pre School Fancy Dress Parade
• 2.15 Heavy Horse Turnout
• 2.45 Grand Parade and Prize Giving
• 3.30 Falconry Display
• 4.00 Novelty Dog Show
The spokesman added: “From the light horse and pony show to the attractions of the main ring, you will be sure to find something to keep your whole family entertained.
“As well as the usual attractions, this year we will be adding some horse power to proceedings with a Shire Horse versus Children tug-of-war!
“Enjoy the day’s proceedings with refreshments from the bar and food tents whilst listening to live music from the fantastic Malachai, singer and entertainer.”
Other attractions at the show include: Live music from singer and entertainer Malachai, vintage tractors and farm machinery, classic cars and motorbikes and children’s sports – which starts at 2.15 pm.
Also at the show are children’s fair ground games, a bouncy castle, swing boats, refreshments, a licensed bar, bird of prey and a barrel train.
For more information, visit: www.gorefieldshow.org