Grab a slice of funding for youth projects in the Fens
- Credit: Archant
Youth groups are being encouraged to grab a slice of £3,400 in projects supporting young people in Fenland.
The money is available through the Youth District Council’s annual grant scheme. It has to be allocated by the end of March.
Claire Bennett, the YDC’s chairman, said: “We have £10,000 to hand out over the year. So far we have approved 10 grants, totalling just over £6,600. That means we still have around £3,400 in the kitty.
“We’re sure there are plenty of people with great projects or ideas for helping young people that could do with some extra money. But they need to get in touch with us straightaway and tell us what they have in mind.
“We have only one more meeting next month to consider any applications, so don’t hang around. Get your application in now.”
At their latest meeting YDC members approved grants to five organisations - Young People’s Services, Centre 33, Young People March, SexYOUality, and the Wisbech Interfaith Forum.
The grants were for a range of projects, including a new drop-in counselling service for 13-25 year-olds, a community event for young people to be designed and organised by members of the Waterlees Youth Forum, and a 12-week “transition club” to ease the passage of Year 6 students into Year 7.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 10 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
To apply for a YDC grant, call Sharon Dove on 01354 654321 or email email@example.com. Applications must be received by Monday, March 16.