Grab a slice of funding for youth projects in the Fens
- Credit: Archant
Youth groups are being encouraged to grab a slice of £3,400 in projects supporting young people in Fenland.
The money is available through the Youth District Council’s annual grant scheme. It has to be allocated by the end of March.
Claire Bennett, the YDC’s chairman, said: “We have £10,000 to hand out over the year. So far we have approved 10 grants, totalling just over £6,600. That means we still have around £3,400 in the kitty.
“We’re sure there are plenty of people with great projects or ideas for helping young people that could do with some extra money. But they need to get in touch with us straightaway and tell us what they have in mind.
“We have only one more meeting next month to consider any applications, so don’t hang around. Get your application in now.”
You may also want to watch:
At their latest meeting YDC members approved grants to five organisations - Young People’s Services, Centre 33, Young People March, SexYOUality, and the Wisbech Interfaith Forum.
The grants were for a range of projects, including a new drop-in counselling service for 13-25 year-olds, a community event for young people to be designed and organised by members of the Waterlees Youth Forum, and a 12-week “transition club” to ease the passage of Year 6 students into Year 7.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
To apply for a YDC grant, call Sharon Dove on 01354 654321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by Monday, March 16.