Graffiti causes damage across Chatteris just as Anglia in Bloom judging under way
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris has been on the receiving end of an outbreak of graffiti – just as the town was judged for this year’s Anglia in Bloom.
PCSO Dawn Rae said the town “has been subjected to a large amount of graffiti on private property.
“This is being treated as criminal damage and will be investigated by officers.”
She said: “We are working with Fenland District Council to get the TAGS removed.
“Please contact us if you have any information regarding this criminal damage.”
You may also want to watch:
In Bloom banners in the High Street were also targeted as well as graffiti on a bus stop and a phone box.
Artwork on the Empress in Park Street was also defaced.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire