Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- Credit: Family
His family has paid tribute to Dennis Dear, 68, who died in a crash on the A1123 earlier this month.
“Dennis leaves behind two sons and four grandchildren who he loved dearly,” his family said.
The crash involved Mr Dear’s Ford Ranger and a Citroen DS3, being driven by a man in his 20s.
It happened at 3.45pm on June 15 at Bluntisham.
Mr Dear of Cooks Drove, Earith, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Citroen driver, from Downham Market, remained at the scene and was not injured.
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call 101 quoting incident 334 of June 15.