Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- Credit: Family
His family has paid tribute to Dennis Dear, 68, who died in a crash on the A1123 earlier this month.
“Dennis leaves behind two sons and four grandchildren who he loved dearly,” his family said.
The crash involved Mr Dear’s Ford Ranger and a Citroen DS3, being driven by a man in his 20s.
It happened at 3.45pm on June 15 at Bluntisham.
Mr Dear of Cooks Drove, Earith, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Citroen driver, from Downham Market, remained at the scene and was not injured.
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 3 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 6 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 7 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 8 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 10 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
Anyone who witnessed the collision should call 101 quoting incident 334 of June 15.