Grandparents fulfil their dream by treating Fenland youth football team to new kit
THE family of a Fenland footballer fulfilled their dream after treating the youngster’s team to a new kit in a tribute to his late grandfather.
Jenny and Terry Peat had always dreamed of sponsoring grandson Tony Cunnington’s team March Rangers Under-15s.
A year after Terry’s death, this dream was realised when the family travelled down from Sheffield to present the young stars with a new kit sporting the name JENTEL - a combination of the grandparents’ names.
Andy Wenn, the team’s manager, said: “Normally you get all the big corporate people who sponsor football teams but this was special.
“This is not just any old kit, it means more and hopefully it will help the lads have a bit more bite during the season.”
You may also want to watch:
Tony’s grandfather Terry had often driven the 200-mile journey to watch his grandson play football. He was also a referee and a passionate Sheffield Wednesday fan.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend