Grandparents fulfil their dream by treating Fenland youth football team to new kit
THE family of a Fenland footballer fulfilled their dream after treating the youngster’s team to a new kit in a tribute to his late grandfather.
Jenny and Terry Peat had always dreamed of sponsoring grandson Tony Cunnington’s team March Rangers Under-15s.
A year after Terry’s death, this dream was realised when the family travelled down from Sheffield to present the young stars with a new kit sporting the name JENTEL - a combination of the grandparents’ names.
Andy Wenn, the team’s manager, said: “Normally you get all the big corporate people who sponsor football teams but this was special.
“This is not just any old kit, it means more and hopefully it will help the lads have a bit more bite during the season.”
Tony’s grandfather Terry had often driven the 200-mile journey to watch his grandson play football. He was also a referee and a passionate Sheffield Wednesday fan.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday